Friday, March 11, 2005

My trick to getting my #1 choice every time

There are several not-yet-released movies in my queue that Netflix has given a release date. I keep one in my #1 slot almost continuously. Because it hasn't been released, it gets passed over every time. Meanwhile, Netflix is fooled into thinking I never get my first choice. Since they allocate discs based on who has been getting their first choice most often, then they always give me my "second choice", which is my real first choice. By having my first queue position filled with unreleased movies, my second, third, and fourth queue positions always ship in order. The trick is remembering to remove the #1 movie from my queue (if I really don't want to see it), before it gets shipped. Try this, and let me know if it works for you, especially if you are experiencing "throttling".

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

No comments:

Post a Comment