Friday, June 17, 2005

Nearest Shipping Facility

You might get an envelope from Netflix which has your address preprinted on it, instead of on a stuck-on label. You open it up and discover that inside, the return address says "nearest Netflix shipping facility". Instead of your local distribution center, it has an address for a faraway center. Do not be concerned. This change was made to increase efficiency of distribution, and will not affect your service, according to Steve Swasey, Director, Corporate Communications for Netflix Inc. He says members should not alter their envelopes in any way.

I haven't noticed a problem with it, myself, but if you think this is affecting your service, complain to Netflix.

2 comments:

  1. I'd noticed that change about 8 or 10 movies ago, but for me, they've all been addressed to my local distribution center across town. If anything, it's reduced the return time from my usual mail drop from two days to one.

    But I bet I'd be annoyed if one of my discs was addressed to a center across the country and its return got delayed a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live near the west coast and have bme shipping clear across the country to NY, and MA. Instead of 1 day most of my films are now taking 5-7 DAYS for them to receive! This is unacceptable. I wrote them and told them they need to swotch me back, or I'll just can the whole thing ans dtart renting from Blockbuster again!

    ReplyDelete