Wednesday, December 07, 2005

A different way to display ratings


I was checking out Blockbuster Online's United Kingdom site, and I looked up a couple of films to see the layout and test their selection. I really like the way they display user ratings. It takes up more screen space, but it also gives more helpful information. It may not be practical for Netflix to implement this style, because they already cram alot of information on a page, but I wish they could. It can be very good to know if people have strong "love it or hate it" reactions to a film, or if everyone is clustered around the 3-star rating, instead of a simple rating.

The above ratings apply to Tokyo Story / Late Spring.

Wouldn't it be helpful to know that people felt this way about a movie?

Brilliant
0%
Very Good
0%
Worth a Look
33.3%
Disappointing
33.3%
Dreadful
33.3%

The movie in question is Murderball.

2 comments:

  1. This is made more complicated by the fact that Netflix's star rating is actually customized to you and is not the same for all members.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I like that. I guess I can't have it both ways.

    ReplyDelete