Thursday, January 19, 2006

Netfix typo

Typing "Netfix" instead of Netflix is a common mistake, but it can lead you to Netfix, one of those Web sites which takes advantage of people who make a mistake when typing a URL. You're looking for Netflix, and you type "Netfix" by mistake, and boom, you land on the wrong Web site. At least it's not one of those that hijacks your computer, eh? I didn't click on the site anywhere, so I can't guarantee it won't install spyware on your PC, but it is covered in ads for all sorts of DVD stuff. Mind how you type!

Also:

Netfix(TM) is a German trademark for a fabric used in protein electrophoresis.

There's a spyware-remover that claims to remove the "Netfix" cookie. Sorry, guys, but there isn't one. The funny thing is, they consistently misspell the Netflix name everywhere on their site. Like they really don't know. Would you trust them to remove spyware from your PC?

3 comments:

  1. hey becky I just wanted to tell you at my post office in Brooklyn there were three slots ofr outgoing mail. Recently they added signs and now the top one is NETFLIX ONLY-I wonder if this speeds the return process I can try and take a photo of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plz do take a picture TiaraGirl. That sounds interesting. I wonder if they bypass the sorting machine and just send them back to a single designated shipping center.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I deleted Niki's comment, because it looked like spam to me.

    ReplyDelete