Wednesday, April 05, 2006

I'm fixin' to quit Blockbuster Online

I joined Blockbuster Online for the one month free trial, and then they gave me several months of the 3-out plan for $9.99, so I didn't quit, even when that promotion ended and the price went to $14.99. I've been a member for about a year now.

However, Hacking NetFlix is reporting, and I received notice from Blockbuster Online, that BBO is finally ending the $14.99 3-out plan. I am going to quit a couple days before the price goes up to $17.99. For that amount of money, it is my opinion that Netflix is the better deal. My Netflix distribution center is in Greensboro, NC, where I live, whereas the Blockbuster Online distribution center is in Charlotte, NC. As for BBO shipping from stores, that hasn't been better for me. It's been worse, because the stores are farther away and take longer to respond. The in-store coupons are of no value, because the nearest Blockbuster Video has a lousy selection of titles.

2 comments:

  1. What's up with all the LONG WAIT and SHORT WAIT in the queue?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am quitting Blockbuster online for the last time. I had a one-at-a-time plan just so I could easily exchange a mailed-to-me-movie in the store (often times on a Tuesday for a New Release).

    They have now changed their in-store exchange policy to where that new store-rented movie counts as a rental on your online account. That is, they won't mail your next movie until you return the new one to the store!

    What the heck?? Blockbuster's shipping here in Las Vegas has always been two days there, two days back: Horrible! Especially when compared to Netflix: one there, one back. The in-store exchange helped even the playing field. Now, however, it's worse than it's ever been. A person would be better off just getting an unlimited in-store plan, even a COMBO plan that is for movies OR games.

    That's why Netflix is still the best...
    Walt D in LV

    ReplyDelete