Thursday, July 22, 2010

Bye, Bye Blockbuster.

I was really sad to learn that Blockbuster has been delisted from the New York Stock Exchange. It's kind of hard to believe. But, as a Netflix fan, I am happy to see Netflix survive.

I am first and foremost a movie fan. I don't really care whose name is on the package my movies arrive in. I am not wedded to the Netflix brand. I love Netflix because it brings me my movies. If Blockbuster could have brought me my movies the way Netflix does, this might be called the Blockbuster Fan blog. But it aint.

Many folks predicted that Blockbuster would prevail. I could gloat, but I do not enjoy seeing any company fail. Still, I believe the market knows best. This is a perfect example of market forces creating efficiencies. We customers made this happen. We voted with our dollars.

4 comments:

  1. Good, my sister ex-boyfriend works at blockbuster he is a manager there ,and he is an a-hole.
    on a serious note, yeah i think netflix needs more competition.More competitors will make netflix lower its prices and improve there service.
    look at the madden video games no competition it's literally the only game in town.

    just like the coke and Pepsi fight will never end,a true rival for netflix has yet to appear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Netflix fan,

    I looked for a way to contact you on the site and couldn't find it.

    I just released a free program that allows you to watch movies without the monitor shutting off or the screen saver from coming on.

    Read more here: http://www.capehostpro.com/articles/2010/07/keepwatching-watch-movies-without-the-monitor-shutting-off/

    If you like it I was hoping you could write a review about it on your blog.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, Dave. I downloaded your application, and uploaded it to VirusTotal.com, and five scanners identified it as suspicious, a possible trojan. Can't endorse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blockbuster isn’t dead just yet. You can get their mail-in service for free for three months when you switch to DISH. I actually work for DISH; here’s a link http://goo.gl/wuMrN if you want to check out their offer.

    ReplyDelete