Sunday, October 24, 2010

Still prefer DVDs

I may be a luddite, but I still prefer DVDs to Instant Netflix. I don't have a very fast internet connection, (I have the cheapest DSL you can get from AT&T) so I get only two star quality when streaming. I don't mind if what I'm watching is not really affected, but sometimes the movie really suffers. However, I love having an alternative to TV, and I love having something to watch when the DVD is in the mail, so Instant Netflix is a great feature that adds value to my membership.

I like using my Instant queue as kind of a overflow for the DVD queue. I have already maxed out my queue, so I frequently add things to Instant that I don't want to forget about.

2 comments:

  1. Although our family as a whole uses the streaming option a lot, I personally prefer to get DVDs. Unless I'm doing something wrong, I can't get subtitles with streaming and I prefer reading over turning the volume all the way up. I also like to see any special features that may be on the DVD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to have optional subtitles on streaming, too. They're excluding the entire hearing-impaired community. They provide subtitles only on non-English titles at the moment.

    ReplyDelete