Thursday, February 15, 2007

AMC Theatres Best Picture showcase

If you haven't seen all of the Oscar nominated films, now is your chance. AMC Theatres is having a marathon of all the best pictures on February 24. For $30, you can watch all five films back to back in one day, with free large popcorn and large drink and a collectible pass. You can come and go as you please all day, and you get free refills on popcorn and drink.

Babel 11:00 a.m.
The Queen 1:45 p.m.
The Departed 3:45 p.m.
Letters From Iwo Jima 7:00 p.m.
Little Miss Sunshine 9:45 p.m.

Go to the Oscar Showcase Web site to find out if a theatre near you is participating. The closest to me is Charlotte, NC, but I've already seen all the films.

6 comments:

  1. I wish that chain was in my area. I got The Departed on DVD this week and I watched Little Miss Sunshine a few days ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The closest theater to me is in L.A.
    And that's still over a two hour drive. I gave it a thought for a second but since I've already seen two of the films decided not to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They played Iwo Jima for about 3 weeks when I was too busy with Christmastime to see it. Now the closest showing is 50+ miles away. Its the only Best Picture nominee I haven't see. So frustrating...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adam, that is a shame. I think it's the best of the 5, though it's not likely to win anything.

    I'm not sure that I'd want to watch the nominees this way, since by the 3rd of 4th film I'd be restless and would not be enjoying them quite as much as they might deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  5. True, Chaim. I've attended film festivals where I've watched four films in one day, and it wore me out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just discovered your blog thru hackingnetflix.com - I'm near GSO too!

    You should join our movie meetup:
    http://movies.meetup.com/394/

    We've only been meeting for a couple months, but we're hoping hte group will grow!

    ReplyDelete