Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Revised settlement approved

San Jose Mercury News:
SAN FRANCISCO - A judge has approved a class-action settlement requiring Netflix Inc. to offer a free month of DVDs to 5.5 million current and former subscribers, resolving a case that prompted the online rental service to acknowledge it gives preferential treatment to its most profitable customers.

Netflix expects to begin sending out notices of the final settlement later this month.


When you receive the notice of the final settlement, you'll be able to opt out if you wish.
http://www.netflix.com/settlement
Via Hacking NetFlix

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad we can opt out at the last second. This thing has been going on for a long time and when I first got notified, I signed up right away. I thought "Free upgrade to my plan? Sweet." But as I learned more about it, I learned that the burden on Netflix is such that we will all be experiencing significant delays resulting in less DVD's (not more).

    I'm all about getting something for nothing, but that is not the case here, I say OPT OUT.

    ReplyDelete