Thursday, January 01, 2009

How many movies did you see in 2008?

Without even trying hard, I saw more movies in 2008 than in 2007. I saw 263 movies in 2007.

194 from Netflix (36 of those were Watched Instantly)
56 in a theatre
14 from Classicflix
12 from various other sources: TV, a friend, or eBay
6 from Video Review, a bricks and mortar video store
4 from SilverScreenArchive
1 from the Greensboro Public Library

For a total of 287.


You can see all the titles, categorized by source, on my Listology list of Movies Seen in 2008

2 comments:

  1. Your record-keeping puts me to shame :(

    I had to count, which is an inaccurate and frustrating task. So, consider these scores a best guess (Only counting Movies, not TV shows):

    Total movies watched in 2008: 261

    Netflix Disk Rentals: 144
    Netflix Instant Watch: 79
    Gaston-Lincoln Library: 10
    Public Library of Char/Meck: 3
    DVR: 25
    Theaters: Can't guess for this one, so I'll leave it blank.

    Now, when are you going to start replying to comments? You request them but don't respond, I've noticed.

    ----------

    Thanks to Feedflix for data retention :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Matthew,

    I'm sorry about my slackness regarding comments. I do enjoy hearing from you!

    I started keeping records of movies seen when I discovered Listology.com, and then ListsofBests.com, which make it easier.

    Wow, if you're going to the theatre, AND seeing over 200 Netflix, you've got me beat!

    ReplyDelete