Friday, October 29, 2004

Another satisfied customer

I received a lovely email from Lou, who got one of my free one month Netflix trials last month. Here's what he says:

"I just wanted to say thanks again for the free one
month trial. I have been able to check out about 20
DVD's, and so far I am pleased with Netflix compared
to my trial time spent with Blockbuster. I haven't had
a DVD with a wait from Netflix (compared to DVD's with
numerous waits from Blockbuster), they always come
quickly from Netflix, and I haven't had a lost DVD
from them yet. I think I will be sticking with
Netflix, especially since they are lowering their
3-out price to $17.99."

Thanks Again,
Lou

5 comments:

  1. I should warn you to be aware that when your trial period is over turnaround times and availability of DVDs will change have no doubt about that. You are in the honeymoon period now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't noticed any difference between the trial period and my paid sub--it took 3 or 4 days each way then and takes 3 or 4 days each way now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not realize it took so long for you to receive a DVD or for NETFLIX to log it back in. You are the type of customer that they want. I imagine you will have no problem with them at all. I on the other hand are one day away either way from them. I cost them a lot of money so they try to slow me down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Netflix for the first few months. However, within the past six weeks I have returned eight movies, two of them twice, as they were cracked or scratched. Also, their turn-around for the dvds increases with your membership. Please read other's reviews at various websites (just google netflix) and you will find the truth. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, since nobody else is pointing out anything negative about Netflix, allow me.
    1) When a new version of a DVD is released with more additional features, Netflix does not automatically get it (I've never seen an instance where they ever get it), nor is such information given in their description online.
    2) I have never gotten a reply to any e-mail sent to them for any reason.
    3) You can not talk to a human being at any time...no phone number is to be found anywhere on their web site.
    4) The defective percentage has gone up for me over the years. Now, defects and little glitches appear so often that I can no longer find the time to make a mental note and report it on the sleeve unless it is just completely unplayable (which occurs 5-10% of the time).
    ...Just a few of my problems with them
    bumblebee

    ReplyDelete