Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Breaking even

I managed to get nine discs from Netflix in September, at an average cost to me of $2.61 each. That is a good value. Netflix saves me the 40 minutes of driving to and from the store twice, the hour it takes to find what I want in the store, and the headache of due dates.

My local Blockbuster and Hollywood Video stores charge about $3.75 each plus 7% tax, but Video Review charges just $2.79 for DVDs and $1.99 for VHS. If you live in the Greensboro, NC area, I recommend Video Review , an independent video rental store with two locations and a tremendous selection of rare classics and new releases. As long as there are still so many titles unavailable on DVD, I will continue to go to Video Review for their extensive library of VHS.

1 comment:

  1. At the rate you rent movies, Netflix looses much of it's value. If I rented that few movies, there's no way I'd bother with Netflix.

    ReplyDelete