Friday, October 29, 2004

Return something today...

...or tomorrow, if you want a new release sent to you on Monday. This is especially helpful if you're looking for something that's to be released this coming Tuesday. Tuesday is Netflix's busiest day. Everyone returns movies they watched over the weekend on Monday, so Tuesday, Netflix is swamped with returns. The best day to return stuff, I've found, is on Tuesday or Wednesday. They get it Wednesday or Thursday. I get the next batch on Thursday or Friday--just in time for the weekend.

2 comments:

  1. This, of course, assumes a one-day delivery time. Things are very different if you're guaranteed at least two days in the mail each way, and occasionally three or four on returns.

    Fortunately, I'm never trying to get new releases, so I rarely have a problem with not being able to get what I want. When I do have problems, it's mostly because Netflix just doesn't stock very many of what I want. I recently noticed that a disc I watched a few weeks ago, volume 3 of an 11 volume set, is no longer available. Somebody must have broken or lost the last copy Netflix owned, which shows they didn't keep a lot of inventory on that set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I blame the studios. I think they set limits on how many copies they can have or how long they can have certain titles.

    ReplyDelete