Monday, September 20, 2004

New trivia

Since I've known about Netflix for nine months now, I feel like an "expert", so I'm continually astonished at the online newspaper articles that report on Netflix like it's a brand-new phenomenon, like this one, from Minneapolis-St Paul, Minnesota.

Not alot of news here, but there are a couple of bits of new trivia to be found:
"We're in every state, in 3,000 cities," says Shannon Clouston, senior manager of corporate communications for Netflix
and
Last month...an astonishing 15 percent of Netflix shipments included the title "The Whale Rider."
and
95% of all online DVD rentals come from Netflix.

1 comment:

  1. a friend told me that this guy we went to school with was using Netflix in 1998 or 1999. this is incredible to me, because i had never heard of it then, and i didn't even have a dvd player back then.

    ReplyDelete