Thursday, June 15, 2006

Another viewing milestone: 801 out of 1001

The greatest thing about Netflix is their enormously wide selection. They have something like 60,000 titles in their catalog. This big selection of movies gives me the opportunity to do something I could never otherwise have attempted: I am trying to watch ALL of the movies in the book 1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die at least once. As of today, I have seen 801 of them! In February 2006, I posted that I had seen 704 of them, so I've seen 97 in the last four months. A year ago, in May 2005, I posted that I had seen 501 of them, so I've seen 300 in the last 13 months.

Here are some of my other viewing statistics:


What are your statistics? How many movies have you rented from Netflix this year? How many have you rated? How many recommendations does Netflix have for you?

5 comments:

  1. That's so awesome! I JUST purchased my copy of 1001 Movies and I am literally just beginning my journey. How do you keep track of all your numbers and statistics? Do you do it all manually or is there some sort of program you can use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Josh!! Welcome to the quest! I hope you get as much out of it as I have. I've been amazed at how it has expanded my enjoyment of movies.

    I use a spreadsheet to keep track of the movies I've seen, the ones in my queue, the ones I'm buying, etc. To share my progress with others, I list movies I've seen on Listology.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! Steve, I've never seen anyone with that many ratings! Have you actually seen all those movies?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Steve. That makes perfect sense. Seems like that would make your recommended movies much more accurate.

    I never use the "not interested" button, except for Michael Moore movies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will, I think that's a great idea for a blog! If you start it, let me know, so I can link to you.

    ReplyDelete