Monday, March 13, 2006

Netflix site re-design

Hacking Netflix noticed the New Netflix Site Design, with screencaps. I like it, because it emphasizes our interaction with the site more.

As a result of the new design, it looks like they've abandoned the "custom lists" feature. NocturnaLucid on Hacking Netflix noticed that the link to add a movie to your personal custom lists is gone, but you can still "hack" it by typing "AddToList" in the URL where it currently says "MovieDisplay." Nice.


CJ noticed the new Parents' "commonsense" information, to help you decide if a movie is appropriate for your family.

I love how Netflix is continuously improving their site and their service.

P.S. I want to thank Chris for emailing me about this.

3 comments:

  1. Your suggestion worked for me. Thanks so much for posting this! I'd been looking for the damned "add to list" button for days and found your site by googling Netflix + 'add to list'. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S., I noticed that when typing in AddToList, you actually have to make sure you type the upper-case letters. Just typing addtolist gets you an error message, but AddToList does the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great tip, Brent!

    ReplyDelete