Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Netflix Drop Boxes

I knew that a post that started with "Netflix drop boxes" would get your attention, but I'm being a smarty-pants. I ran across a discussion in a newsgroup in which a Netflix subscriber asked if there is a Netflix drop box where he could return his videos in order to speed delivery of his movies. Yes, there is. It's called a "customer mail recepticle", otherwise known as a MAILBOX. There's usually one at the end of YOUR DRIVEWAY

or parking lot

or on the side of the road, if you live in America. I've enclosed a couple of photos to help you recognize them.

The only thing I can think of that might speed delivery would be if you dropped your disc in a curbside box at a Post Office within the same zip code as the Netflix distribution center's PO box. That might help. But why? If you're going to do that, you might as well go to Blockbuster instead.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh! A wise guy, eh? knyuk knyuk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very funny :) but I have a story that relates to this. The address on my Netflix return envelopes is a P.O. box in New Brunswick NJ and since I used to go there quite frequently I decided to mail the envelopes directly at the post office. I was hoping for same day (or next day) receipt by Netflix.

    It didn't happen. It took just as long. Readers might have better luck at different locations around the country, but if you're in Central NJ don't bother making the trip to the New Brunswick post office - use your own mailbox.

    ReplyDelete