Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Disgruntled Netflix employee rants on LiveJournal

This really explains why your customer service experiences with Netflix can be frustrating. I found a LiveJournal post written by someone who claims to work in the customer service call center for Netflix. Read how this person's supervisor at Netflix instructs him/her to respond to an unhappy customer:

Today I had a call from (oh surprise) a very unhappy customer. The company that does our check handling had frozen his account due to "suspicious activity" and refused to elaborate to the customer even though he'd never had any problem before. He was furious that he was being treated like this. I was trying to explain, apologize and defend Netflix. Then I made the catastrophic error of actually asking Queen Bitch for advice...

...Whenever I asked her 'how was I supposed to respond when the customer asked this?', she told me to apologize. In fact, that's apparently all I can do to respond to every situation, is apologize. Not solve, not ask, not explain. Apologize.

Read more of their December 20th entry.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't copy the post. I linked to it. You are free to follow the link to the article and decide for yourself what it means. The post and the quotes I extracted are about the supervisor. A bad supervisor reflects badly on the company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky - Can you send me an email at chunkielove@hotmail.com? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's odd that some people are getting Netflix turnovers at 5 days or more.

    I'm in the middle of nowhere in Montana and the longest we've waited, outside of weekends and major holidays, is 3 days.

    ReplyDelete