Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Don't Netflix these films


There are a couple of movies coming soon that you shouldn't wait to see on DVD. You should see them on the big screen. Not because they are eye-candy, which they are, but because they are both very special movies.

The first movie you absolutely MUST see on the big screen is The Chronicles of Narnia: the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, which releases December 9. This is going to be a very special film, based on the first of a series of books which I read over and over as a child. I have heard great things about the movie adaptation, and I've been looking forward to this film since I was 11 years old. If it does good boxoffice, they will make more, and I would really love to see the whole series done right. I heard one guy, who saw a press preview of it, say that it left his children "giddy" with joy.

The other film is King Kong, which releases December 19. This is Peter Jackson's first movie since the Lord of the Rings trilogy. He is putting his heart and soul into this film, because it is a childhood favorite of his, the movie that made him want to be a filmmaker. Folks, Jackson is the next Spielberg.

I reluctantly supply you with the Netflix links for Narnia and if you really must wait, King Kong. Queue these up only if you would like to "vote" for the DVD.

P.S. I know this seems to contradict what I said earlier about the movie-going ordeal, but I would make an exception for these films.

No comments:

Post a Comment