Red Envelope Madness!

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Researching renting online?

If you're new to Netflix, or you are doing research about online DVD rental services to see which one to join, I suggest you read the . It has a brief outline of the Netflix corporate history, lists of competing services, distribution centers, and links to sites which compare services. I think it provides a good overview.

If you have more leisure time, you might want to check out the archives of this blog, especially the first six months of 2004.

1 Comments:

  • At 4/24/2005 8:33 PM, Blogger travbailey said…

    There is a new service between Netflix and Best Buy

    http://www.hackingnetflix.com/netflix/2005/04/netflix_best_bu.html

    The 6-week "Netflix Pack" was horrible. What happens is that you order the service and it takes 5 to 9 days for best buy to mail out a brochure. When you get this brochure, you then can log in to Netflix.

    I called Netflix, after being on hold for 5-10 minutes, the associate knew nothing about the service, he told me to call Best Buy.

    I then called Best Buy. It took me several calls to get an actual person. When I found out that it would take 5 to 9 days before I could even login to NetFlix (I have to wait for this brochure), I told Best Buy that I wanted to cancel the sevice, and then I would simply login to Netflix and subscribe today. The associate said that she could not refund my money.

    DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE. What a joke. As soon as my 6 weeks are over I am going to cancel Netflix and go back to Blockbuster.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home