Red Envelope Madness!

Monday, August 02, 2004

Blockbuster is revamping its late-fee policy to lure back customers

By Bruce Mohl, Boston Globe Staff | August 1, 2004

It's the late fees, stupid.
In Boston the company has cut late fees dramatically and is running an amnesty for customers with late-fee balances. Nationally, the Dallas chain has launched a monthly movie pass program that eliminates the fees and it is getting ready to roll out an Internet-based subscription service that does the same.

1 Comments:

  • At 8/09/2004 7:23 PM, Blogger David said…

    I quit going to blockbuster because of the late fees. I had returned a movie late and had not returned to pick anything up in a while thinking I would pay the fee the next time I stop in. Then I get a letter in the mail informing me that if I did not pay the late fee they would screw up my credit because of it. I went strait in to the store with letter in hand and paid the bill, gave them my card and told them I would never be back. Ther really got a way of winning over their customers.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home