Saturday, August 21, 2004

Netflix Freak 1.2.5 update available

Netflix Freak is a little shareware application that lets you view and edit your Netflix queue on your Mac, rather than using the slow Netflix Web site. Using Netflix Freak, in Mac OS X, I can rearrange the order of titles by dragging and dropping them. I can move groups of them all at once. I can order them by columns (for Mac OS 10.3 and above). I can make individual notes regarding the movies (like the date I received it or returned it, so I can keep track of turnaround times) in Netflix Freak. I can see at a glance all the details of the movie. I can keep all my history (unlike the 90 days Netflix limits you to), so I can tell what all I've seen. Here's the official list of features:

- 6 ways to rearrange your rental queue (drag & drop, swap, shuffle, move to top/bottom, renumber, and cut & paste)
- Fast searching of the Netflix DVD catalog
- Print your rental queue (with and without DVD images)
- Import your entire rental history (not just the last 90 days)
- Add multiple movies to your queue in one action
- Add new movies to the beginning of your queue, the end, or shuffle afterwards
- View and assign star ratings to movies directly from any queue
- Keep track of who rented which movie in your household
- Assign custom categories to your movies
- Simple, one window access to all your queues
- Applescript access to all your movie data
- Jot down notes about individual movies and search them later
- Unlimited undo of queue rearrangements

5 comments:

  1. Any news on what happened to the Windows version of Netflix Freak? It supposedly went into beta testing 6 months ago. In the meantime I've been using a super-low-tech spiral notebook to keep track of my Netflix history. :-/

    -Manda

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's actually not even in Beta yet. It's in Alpha. It's Netflix Addict 0.4.2. I haven't been able to get it to work on Windows XP professional, yet, but others have. You are welcome to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are welcome for the BlogRoll..........my wife was a District Manager for Blockbuster yet we love Netflix...........

    Keep up the great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't get Netflix addict to work either. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's also a Beta program called WinFlix which I haven't been able to get working: http://www.emeraldcpu.com/zman3/

    ReplyDelete