Red Envelope Madness!

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Get your Netflix Rental Statistics from tallrock.net

tallrock.net writes:

I knew I was being throttled, so I wrote an application that takes the emailed "Netflix Rental History" and produces lots of charts and graphs on just about everything I could think of.It proved that I was being throttled and gave me the numbers to back it up.

The power of this application is that it uses just the information provided by Netflix to create a comprehensive picture of your rental experience.

Try it yourself.

This is version 1.0 of this application. I'm looking for your
suggestions on how to make this application better.

I don't believe in "throttling", but I like looking at my stats. It works for me.

From Yahoo! Group Netflix_Complaints

5 Comments:

  • At 5/18/2005 2:55 PM, Blogger Usman said…

    I don't believe in "throttling"...

    I thought Netflix had confirmed that they were doing it to their high-volume customers?

     
  • At 5/18/2005 4:59 PM, Blogger matthom said…

    Yes Becky - please clarify what you mean... :)

    I am very curious now...

    I have experienced "throttling" very much - so I used your advice on putting a "Long Wait" DVD in my first Queue spot, so my second DVD is actually my "first choice."

    It's worked like a charm - I haven't had the "throttling" since.

     
  • At 5/18/2005 5:09 PM, Blogger Becky said…

    I'm glad my Netflix hack is working for you.

    What I mean when I say "I don't believe in throttling" is that I don't believe Netflix deliberately delays shipping me a disc if I'm a high-volume user if they have a disc available. I think it's just a matter of priorities. I do not believe that allocation of scarce resources according to who has or hasn't had their fair share is the same thing as deliberately adding an extra day to shipping times.

     
  • At 5/20/2005 5:06 AM, Blogger Dedwarmo said…

    I'd like to beat this dead horse, if I may. Suppose Netflix has 10 copies of Interesting Movie and 20 people put it at the front of their queue. Who do they send their DVD's to first?

     
  • At 5/21/2005 10:13 AM, Blogger Becky said…

    They say they send it to the people who have seen their number one choice the least often in the recent past.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home