Monday, July 18, 2005

Netflix fan Scott gets "free" rental due to glitch

Scott wrote me about some Netflix weirdness he experienced last week:

"The new DVD "Advise and Consent" was in my DVD's out list starting Wednesday, when it stated that it would be shipped on Thursday. Thursday it said that it would be shipped on Friday. On Friday I received an email saying that it was not ready for shipment and had been placed back into my queue. Well, lo and behold, today (Saturday) I got it in the mail, even though it's still in my queue. I'm a good boy and have every intention of returning the disc after watching it, but technically I guess I could keep it without Netflix being ever the wiser."

I hope Scott returns it and Netflix credits him for the return, or all that honesty will go to waste. Have you ever experienced weirdness like this from Netflix or another online rental service?

2 comments:

  1. That's happened to me once with Netflix and once with Blockbuster. I figure it's because my address label got torn off in transit.

    ReplyDelete