Tuesday, October 04, 2005

1001 Movies at Blockbuster Online


Blockbuster Online must be reading my blog. Where else would they have gotten the idea to have the 1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die as a special DVD collection on their Web site? (It's my aim to see every title in the book)

You can't rely on their Web site to match the book, but it's a good start. They get some of them wrong. For example, the book calls for Los Olvidados (1950), which translated means "The Young Ones", so Blockbuster Online links to the 1961 movie with that title starring Cliff Richard. Instead of Lola (1961) directed by Jacques Demy, they link to the 1969 Richard Donner movie by the same name. Blockbuster lists the movies in groups, like 1960-1979, but not in chronological order within the groups. If a title on the list is part of a boxed set, they link to the whole set.

2 comments:

  1. Please let me know what you learn about the lawsuit.

    You are right about the translation. I got my information from the book, which uses the alternate title "The Young and the Damned."

    ReplyDelete
  2. If those are the changes they've made, then I too am glad I have the previous edition.

    ReplyDelete