Monday, October 10, 2005

She can't quit!

Group member Nanci wrote this wonderful message to the Netflix Operations discussion group on Yahoo! about how she tried to switch from Netflix (NF) to Blockbuster Online (BB).

Well, you are all going to laugh at me so hard, aside from rolling your eyes I couldn't do it!!! LOL ... I'm halfway through my month with BB, and though they have *all* the movies I want right when I want them, and I even found one they had called *The 4th Floor* that Netflix doesn't have which I’ve been dying to see as I caught part of it on TV about a year ago ... as I got to my 2nd page of 15, typing in my movies and adding them to my NF queue... I kept feeling this *pang* of being torn and frustration of not only typing again, but trying to reorder everything which was not fun.

~ It is a PITA to reorder movies in BB's queue.

~ You can't add new releases until about 3-4 weeks before they come on DVD(I find this very inconvenient because when I see a movie on TV I think I’ll like I can add it to NF right away. I don't want to be writing these down 8months ahead of time and trying to remember them)

~ They don't have the fly out blurb on the movie, which for someone with over400 movies in their queue finds very convenient, as when trying to remember what they are all about is hard. Clicking on them and waiting for the plot is a pain when you're not used to it)

~ You can't change your billing date; with NF I could

~ If you cancel in order to change your billing date you lose your queue, with NF you don't

~ They don't have a *Friends* feature which to me is not that big of a deal other than to get recommendations, but I know they are working to add this.

~ They don't have the plot summary on their sleeves, which again, when someone asks me what the movie is about I just throw them the NF sleeve instead of remembering all of them. I don't like that at all, not having it.

~ They just are not Netflix. I will say Netflix' ease of service and
superior Website compared to BB, well you can't compare. I know BB is fairly new and I kept telling myself in time all these things would probably change but I've been with NF for so long now, I didn't like the change. The novelty of new releases wore off real fast!

~ Right now the only thing they have going for them is the new releases are available *now*. I suspect if you're a new customer, the above mentioned things would not bother oneself, but they bothered me.

So, for all the bitching I did, and I know I did a lot ... when I was typing and getting ready to cancel my NF account, I kept feeling really torn and just couldn't do it. The bottom line is I love the *old* NF and until the last year or so off and on their service has just gotten really bad. It was great for my daughter to get 2 free rentals and she got a free movie, and BB s shipping times are pretty much the same, but when I really weighed the pros and cons, the cons got to me enough to stay with NF LOL ... I know, I know!!!

Anyway ... not that I am truly happy with this, but I backed down to 4-at-a-time. I am going to send 2 movies back every Friday in hopes of getting at least 2 new releases on Monday and save 2 movies for the weekend. I know it's still playing games, but when I read, I believe tallrock’s new cycle of shipping, I thought this would work for me too. This way I know for sure I will get at least 4 movies a week = 16 movies a month = $1.50/movie. Can't beat that and I will be a happy camper. I may even end up with a couple more each month depending if there are new releases I want that week. I've gone back to getting my movies next day, and they seem to be getting them pretty fast now that I'm not *stressing* over it.

So there's my story ... I couldn't do it ... they have me as a lifelong customer ... and the good news is I won't be doing anymore bitching after all this LOL!!!

So you're stuck with me, but I think I'll be much happier :)

Nanci~

No comments:

Post a Comment