Friday, October 14, 2005

Netflix responds to customer requests for multiple editions

Netflix is constantly improving their service, listening to their customers and responding. The complaints I posted a couple of months ago might still be on the Web, but Netflix has since made them obsolete. One example of this is a post I did in July, slamming Netflix for not carrying alternate versions of films, when available. Now I find that Netflix has the original theatrical cut of Alexander (2004) as well as the new director's cut. Do a search for director's cut and see what you find.

They are also doing the same thing with widescreen and fullscreen editions.

2 comments:

  1. Exaxtly how do they respond to the demand?
    I am having a heart attack of their handling of widescreen vs. pan&scan editions - it seems to me like one big mess.
    In general, I choose not to watch a movie if it's in pan&scan and I know there is a WS edition available.

    Latest heart attack I got with Windtalkers - on their movie info it says it is both Pan&Scan and WideScreen. Naturally, since you cannot queue up specifically any of those editions, I assume it would be a two side disc with both versions.
    Only problem is, it is not. They shipped me the Pan&scan version. I reported it as an issue. Then they shipped another copy of the darn movie - pan&scan again. [crying!]

    Even Blockbuster Online hadles this issue much more professional!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many of the Criterion titles are limited editions which go out of print very quickly.

    ReplyDelete