Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Netflix has Ringers: Lord of the Fans

I don't usually mention a specific new release film on this blog, but this one has a special place in my heart. It was made by some of the people behind theonering.net, affectionately known as TORN. If it weren't for the loyal Tolkien fans at that site, I would never have survived the long wait between episodes of the Lord of the Rings trilogy. They provided me with daily production news and spoilers that kept me in the mood for four whole years. My heroes. TORN is also one of the sites which inspired this Netflix Fan blog. I kinda model myself after them.

Ringers: Lord of the Fans is a documentary about Tolkien fandom and the enormous influence Tolkien has had on the fantasy worlds of art, music, literature, and film.

QUEUE IT

No comments:

Post a Comment