Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Possible new Netflix feature?

Greencracker got a hint from Netflix about a possible new feature they were exploring a year ago, but it hasn't appeared yet. It looks like they were considering allowing customers to put their accounts on hold for $.99 a month, instead of cancelling outright. If you like the idea, maybe they will implement it if enough people show an interest, eh?

On the other hand, this feature may not be necessary, because Netflix keeps all your ratings and queue information for two years after you cancel. Cancelling is like putting your account on hold, because it's all there when you come back.

If you've ever cancelled your account and re-subscribed later, how was the experience? Did you run into any complications, or was it easy?

5 comments:

  1. They keep your queue for 2 years now? When did that start? When I cancelled and rejoined a year ago the time span was 90 days. Unfortunately I waited 100 days and had to manually add all 400+ of my titles again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not know when it started, but I found out in August by emailing customer service when one of my readers asked for the information. Reference this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a different feature that I'd like to see Netflix add:

    I'd like them to list the studio that released a movie in the popup information. I want to remove all Sony-released titles from my queue, but they don't list the studio anywhere that I can see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. On the browse tab, there's a link for browsing "by studio."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Kleinias, and there's no incentive for Netflix to keep that account open for you. They'd love for you to cancel!

    ReplyDelete