Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Netflix model is succeeding worldwide

For all those investment analysts who remain skeptical of Netflix's long-term success, I suggest they look at how Netflix-clones are proliferating all over the world. After I posted about a Japanese online DVD rental service, a faithful reader alerted me to the existence of MediaXpres in Spain.

Australia has BigPond Movies (Fetchmemovies), Homescreen, and Quickflix

Canada has Zip.ca.

For France, there's Glowria and Cinehome.

In Germany, they have Frisbi and Netlieh.

For each one I find, another one springs up. I'm sure there are lots more. Please post in the comments if you know of other online DVD rental delivery services outside of the U.S. Just because I link to a business on this blog does not mean that I guarantee it is legitimate.

No comments:

Post a Comment