Monday, November 28, 2005

Now I'm angry, or "Netflix Fan goes on a rant"

Netflix has finally disappointed their #1 fan. Y'all are right. Now I feel your pain. I can understand why you get angry. If y'all thought that I was receiving a special experience from Netflix because I'm a blogger, IT AIN'T SO.

It's not fun if you are excited about getting a new movie and it doesn't ship when you expect.

I have had the Harold Lloyd Collection in my queue, in the number one spot, ever since I found out it would be released. Netflix has it as being released tomorrow, so I returned a movie on Saturday, hoping that Netflix would receive it today, and then send me my number one choice. Didn't happen.

Did they send me my number two? Nope. I've had Masculin Feminin in the number two spot for about a month, with "Long Wait" status.

Did they send number three? Nope. The Producers has been in the number three spot for about two weeks, also with "Long Wait" status.

I have returned 12 titles in the last 30 days, so my top two choices were passed over 12 times (not counting Harold Lloyd, which wasn't released).

Instead, they sent me my #4 choice AGAIN.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, because I do not queue anything I don't want to see, but I was hoping to get lucky.

That brings up another thought: I don't understand complaining about Netflix sending you an old piece of crap movie IF IT'S IN YOUR QUEUE. What's it doing there if you don't want to see it?

Please pray for Netflix Fan, that she'll bounce back from this crushing blow.

6 comments:

  1. It can be frustrating. Here's how I cheer myself up: "Rachel, it costs you about $1.60 per movie instead of the 4.31 it would cost you at Blockbuster."

    I also do not expect to not receive the movies when they first come out. If I am THAT desperate to see a movie first thing, I will go and rent it retail. I know that Blockbuster or Hollywood Video might not carry such a title because it isn't new, but they MIGHT. I think I might use one of my Blockbuster e-coupons to rent 40-Year-Old Virgin if Netflix doesn't ship it to me the first day.

    Cheer up, we still love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I deleted Bluebizz's comment because I consider it spam. He keeps posting links to all his five sites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. psaras, let me clarify: I meant $4.31 at a retail Blockbuster location (at least in Oklahoma with our taxes and whatnot). I am currently finishing a 1 month free trial with Blockbuster. The problem I have with Blockbuster is that the nearest distribution center to Tulsa, OK is Dallas and Kansas City. I have also received 1 movie from a retail location 90 miles away. For now, I'm going to be on the 1 out plan for Blockbuster becasue I do like it just about as much as Netflix.

    ReplyDelete
  4. blockbuster is actually shipping my movies from the end (the end!) of my list so consider yourself lucky. i'll be back with the flix soon i think
    -zentheatre

    ReplyDelete
  5. Local Franchisee in Rochester, MN refuses to accept e-coupons, saying Corporate doesn't reimburse them at a fair rate. Corporate responded to me complaint by offering me more e-coupons. Netflix, here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,

    You can find some really interesting insights of Netflix and Blockbuster Movie rental war in these consumer reviews:

    For Netflix Reviews:
    Netflix Reviews
    For Blockbuster Reviews:
    Blockbuster Reviews

    Overall, I would highly recommend to check out consumer reviews on this site before making any type of purchase decisions

    Regards,

    ReplyDelete