Wednesday, January 04, 2006

eBay t-shirt auction busted!

This is a follow-up to this post I did last week about an eBay auction for a Netflix t-shirt:
Dear (Netflixfan),


Please be advised that the following auction:

7567761072 - NETFLIX LIMITED EDITION T-SHIRT RED XL NEW!

was ended early by eBay. The auction was ended due to the account
suspension of the seller.
All results for this auction are null and void.


Regards,
Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)
eBay Inc


Before the auction ended, I managed to order and receive a t-shirt from this seller. The t-shirt has a beautiful Netflix logo on it, but does not have a trademark symbol on it anywhere. Nor does it indicate anywhere who the manufacturer is. The seller said it was XL, but it is labeled X, and it looks like a female X, so a bit smaller than I expected. I suspected the merchandise was not officially licensed Netflix product, but since I'm not an expert, I didn't want to libel a presumed innocent person. Now that the person has been suspended from eBay, my suspicions seem to be confirmed.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry about that.

    Maybe Netflix will get the hint and make their own t-shirts available!

    ReplyDelete