Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I Feel So Used

You know I'm on a quest to see all of the 1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die. There are still several I haven't seen which aren't available through Netflix. In fact, I've learned that some titles have never even been released on video in any format. I'm on a scavenger hunt to find these videos anywhere, using eBay,Amazon, Facets Multimedia, Nicheflix a la carte, etc.

My friend Jim, creator of Listology, has made a tool which is helping me track these titles on Amazon. It's called I Feel So Used: Tracking Used Amazon Products. I enter the ASIN (Amazon Standard Identification Number) for each product I'm seeking, and his Web site keeps track of the price as it changes. As soon as it falls to where I can afford it, I click through and add it to my shopping cart, and Jim makes a little money. Smiles all around.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Becky, I'm glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    You can find some really interesting insights of Netflix and Blockbuster Movie rental war in these consumer reviews:

    For Netflix Reviews:
    Netflix Reviews
    For Blockbuster Reviews:
    Blockbuster Reviews

    Overall, I would highly recommend to check out consumer reviews on this site before making any type of purchase decisions

    Regards,

    ReplyDelete